was -> wasn't Re: [VirtualBox] Use systemd-detect-virt to detect if we can install

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:22:04 CET 2016

> The only problem is "We should avoid installation of VirtualBox-guest-
> additions on bare metal", have you any suggestion that can improve this
> solution ?
You have wrong premise. You want to avoid the "installation" to avoid
the conflict where you only need to avoid the "activation" of the
guest additions, when relevant.
So at the end it should be possible to even install the
VirtualBox-guest-additon on bare hardware, or hypervisor or kvm guest,
etc.
Also I don't understand why you mix kvm and oracle, the action of the
virtualbox-guest-addion is "not" relevant on kvm guest, not at all.

For example, if you add ConditionVirtualization=|oracle to
vboxservice.service, you can probably add multiple ExecStartPre lines
that have the list of modules only needed by the guest.
Then you can drop /usr/lib/modules-load.d/VirtualBox-guest.conf.

In, fedora you are probably using modesettiing driver by default as
Xorg driver, but you can probably use something like in nvidia
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/vboxvideo.conf
Section "OutputClass"
    Identifier "vboxvideo"
    MatchDriver "vboxvideo"
    Driver "vboxvideo"
EndSection

I'm not sure to understand why the other are bad ? For example, there
is no conflict with udev 60-vboxguest.rules if the modules are not
loaded.

So Sergio, do you understand the concept here ?
i'm not givin you the final solution,here, just the path to follow.
You will be able to remove the conflict only when all conflicting
situation are solved.

--
-