build perl problem

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:46:29 CEST 2016

>> Other topic, but related to perl. Can anyone can explain why
>> perl-generator isn't part of perl-devel if not the case already ?
>> Thx
>

> perl-devel is only required for arch-specific perl packages, but the
> majority are arch-independent, so adding perl-generators as a dep of
> perl-devel wouldn't help much.

Thx for your answer.
We had a smtp issue, so I've saw your email after my reply.

I'm not sure to understand very well.
Can you show me a perl noarch package that would built without
perl-devel (in buildroot as a remote dependency).
To me, if such package exists, it's really an exception, because as
soon as you rely on perl-CPAN, perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker or likes, you
will have perl-devel.

The problem is that perl-generator is a distro specific package, so it
would be better hidden behind perl-devel or even
perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker.
I have few distro agnostic package that I don't mind have few more
agnostic dependencies, but I would be very disappointed to break the
perl dependencies there.

Thx

--
-