Updating ffmpeg to 3.2 in rawhide

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:01:29 CEST 2016

Hi list,

ffmpeg-3.2 was released two days ago. As mentioned by Nicolas, this
update is only in scope for F26 currently. The good news is that it is
looking better than I ever remember ffmpeg rebase to be:
- there are currently 48 ffmpeg dependencies in rpmfusion git
- 46 build fine against 3.2 with no changes required
- kodi requires an upstream patch [1]
- gpac fails due to what looks to be an openssl issue (undefined
reference to `SSLeay_add_all_algorithms'), likely caused by the
openssl-1.0.2j → openssl-1.1.0b bump in Fedora. build.log attached.

Given the above, I would be looking at updating ffmpeg and rebuilding
its dependencies next weekend at the latest. Should anyone disagree,
please speak up.

Best regards,
Julian

[1]