new rpmfusion-packager and rfpkg srpm broken

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:26:37 CEST 2016

> On Ter, 2016-09-13 at 10:29 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I start building rpmfusion-packager-0.5.1 , with rpmfusion-koji
>> > command
>> > packaged , meantime new rfpkg fails to build srpm
>> nitpick, but why rpmfusion-koji, i'm using koji-rpmfusion everywhere,
>> but some started documenting rpmfusion-koji
>> It's minor issue, I don't mind anyway.
>
> because we have /etc/koji/rpmfusion-config , arm-config
> and /usr/bin/arm-koji  so  need to be rpmfusion-koji , to not change
> the script (arch=`basename $0 | cut -d '-' -f 1`)

Okay, but rpmfusion is not an arch. When we will need a arm/ppc
secondary, we will use arm-koji-rpmfusion and ppc-koji-rpmfusion.
Also look at the koji web URL, you start typing koji, then fedora or
rpmfusion. So here rpmfusion is a suffix not a prefix.
Please change the script, since the other is confusing, we just need
to use koji -c /etc/koji/rpmfusion-config (But I have a pending
question about this on #koji ...)

>> > rfpkg srpm
>> > error: line 85: Illegal char '-' (0x2d) in: Release:        7.fc26-
>> > ree
>> Seems self explaining, where does in -ree comes from ?
>> do you have a custom dist macro in your rpm environment ?
>
> after
> dnf --disablerepo=rpmfusion-free-updates-testing distro-sync rfpkg
>
> (with rfpkg-1.24.0-1.fc23.noarch) works again , seems rfpkg-1.25.0-
> 1.fc23.noarch fault .
Ok, thx for testing into that.
Please report in our bugzilla

>> > next step for rpmfusion-packager is add rpmfuison_cert as fedora-
>> > packager have fedora_cert sub-package.
>> Please don't, not needed for us.
>

> fedora_cert is your client cert, we may check client is valid , say
> when expires and we can renew it, at least should be useful, but I
> don't want do anything with talk with you .
yes, but it is written as python module whereas we would only need to
change a single parameter.
It's a sub-package because it might be used by others cli apps with
python "import fedora_cert"
If we start forking this python module, then it will mean we need to
fork every others cli apps I and would like to avoid that.

That been said if you want to rebase the current code from fedora-cert
and fedora-packager-setup for rpmfusion-packager it's a good idea.
There is just no need to have a rpmfusion-cert sub-package at this time.

Thx

--
-