build perl problem on mythtv

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Sep 26 18:52:14 CEST 2016

On Seg, 2016-09-26 at 10:22 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On 25/09/16 12:42, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> >
> > On Dom, 2016-09-11 at 12:33 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> > >
> > > I've added glibc-all-langpacks to the srpm-build and srpm-build
> > > groups
> > > for the f26-free koji target.
> > > please try to see if it works.
> > I just check other packages, that depend on perl, and perl-IP-
> > Country
> > also miss some provides on builds *without* this fix. In the build
> > on
> > f24 [1] we have Provides:
> > perl(IP::Authority) = 604.001
> > perl(IP::Country) = 2.26
> > perl(IP::Country::Fast) = 604.001
> > perl(IP::Country::MaxMind) = 1.0
> > perl(IP::Country::Medium) = 0.05
> > perl(IP::Country::Slow) = 0.04
> > perl-IP-Country = 2.26-8.fc24
> >
> > In the build on f25 [2] it misses some provides.
> The provides/requires are missing because the build requirement
> perl-generators is not specified.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Perl#Build_Dependencies

Thanks for the link , that is fixed , the problem is / was in rhel7 we
have yum without support to weak dependencies and glibc split languages
in sub package, in F25+, and use the spectacular rule, glibc.spec got:

Requires: glibc-langpack = %{version}-%{release}
Suggests: glibc-all-langpacks = %{version}-%{release}

Requires and Suggests , may be used for akmods ...

The problem was detected randomly with perl, so I want rebuild some
builds with perl to be sure that we have less problems, we will save
time :)

--
Sérgio M. B.