tips on keep certain packages while updating (i.e. nvidia drivers)

John Schmitt marmalodak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:36:09 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 10:11:07PM +0100, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2012/12/6 John Schmitt <marmalodak at gmail.com>
>
> > On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 11:06:47AM -0800, John Schmitt wrote:
> > > On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 02:37:38PM +0100, Ismael Olea wrote:
> >
> > I was finally able to work around this problem by following the advice
> > here:
> >
> > http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=286084
>
> You have a problem because you have followed this solution that was never
> documented in
> our documentation http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia
> We provided a solution while ago and you should should have picked it as an
> update.
>
> Nicolas (kwizart)

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that I did not follow that guide and that I would not have encountered my problem if I had followed the guide on that page.

Thank you for pointing that page out, I did not know it existed.  I used atrpms until I knew about rpmfusion and simply switched the only way I knew how.   I'm now using rpmfusion for mythtv and for the nvidia driver.

Thanks for all the work that goes into rpmfusion, I like it very much.

John