ffmpeg-libs 10.6 needs libopenjpeg.so.3 when the latest version of openjpeg only provides libopenjpeg.so.1

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Nov 21 00:56:23 CET 2012

On Ter, 2012-11-20 at 14:56 -0600, Kevin Martin wrote:
> When might we see a new ffmpeg-libs for fedora 18 and/or when might
> vlc not need to depend on ffmpeg-libs but instead depend on
> gstreamer-libav?

on F17
rpm -qli openjpeg-libs
is openjpeg-libs-1.4
and have
/usr/lib64/libopenjpeg.so.3
/usr/lib64/libopenjpeg.so.3.1.4.0

on F18
rpm -qli openjpeg-libs
is openjpeg-libs-1.5.0
and have
/usr/lib64/libopenjpeg.so.1
/usr/lib64/libopenjpeg.so.1.5.0

which is a strange soname change ... , but is a Fedora package not
rpmfusion, may ask it on fedora-devel mailing list ...

About your questions don't understand first question ?
new ffmpeg-libs for fedora 18 ? you mean ffmpeg 1.0 ?

Second question, I don't know, but I know gstreamer1-libav is pretty new
and we just build it 2 weeks ago and only for F18+

http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/rpms/gstreamer1-libav/?root=free

Sérgio M. B.