Error Update - packaging - getting started.

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 4 01:13:31 CEST 2012

On 31/08/12 06:59, Arif Tri Waluyo wrote:
> what skills are needed to become a maintainer?
> I do not know much how to make / fix package. But I want to learn. Is there
> a guide for dummies?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Package_Maintainers
has links for:
- packaging guidelines
- How to create an RPM package

Fedora's git repository of package source: eg audacity
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/audacity.git/tree/

Try to find a package that uses similar tools/compiler etc as a basis
(eg a java one for java etc).

Keep asking questions, possibly better on the Fedora and RPM Fusion
-devel mailing lists, rather than the user list...

David.