nvidia 304.64

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Apr 23 13:31:00 CEST 2013

Hi:  I've just moved my Fedora 17 box from ATrpms to rpmfusion.  I had a
problem with OpenGL and nVidia 304.64, which I think I had seen before
with the ATrpms build but had worked around by reverting to 304.51
That's no longer easy.  I'm using a GeForce 7500 LE card, not vdpau capable.

The packages as installed load modules from X.org instead of those from
nVidia.  The driver seems ok after editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf like this:

Section "Files"
#	ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
         ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/nvidia/xorg"
#	ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1"
EndSection

as suggested here:

And I have another unrelated observation:

The '*config-smart-17-2.x86_64' package in nonfree-updates claims to
apply to nonfree but is named free and conflicts with the one in the
'free-updates' repo.

Cheers

John P