Any interest in mediainfo?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Aug 6 09:59:20 CEST 2013

Hi Richard,

On Tuesday, 06 August 2013 at 03:41, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I don't think there's any reason mediainfo[1] can't go in Fedora, but I
> figured the most likely user base would be here in RPM Fusion.
>
> This has been a useful utility for me giving very detailed media
> information and I'm considering submitting it for review anyway, but it
> requires two other libraries that are not yet in Fedora and I've got enough
> packages to take care of as it is.
>
> That being said, if someone will help with the reviews and offer to
> co-maintain, I'd consider submitting them for review.

I can review, but not co-maintain. (Un)fortunately, upstream provides
their own RPMs, which are... odd. You'll need to come up with a set of
Provides: and Obsoletes: and try to convince upstream to stop doing
their own and point to official Fedora repositories instead once it
passes review.

Regards,
Dominik
"Faith manages."