Any interest in mediainfo?

Alice Wonder alicewonder at shastaherps.org
Tue Aug 6 15:16:18 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 07:57 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:

> I was trying to decide if I would bother trying make the official
> packages conflict with theirs, I think it may be more of a case of
> caveat emptor. In the case of the libraries though, he appends a 0 to
> the package name. I'm not sure what problems that would create.

I have no idea how their build system works but one thing that may help
is to provide a patch that makes package.spec.in and a makefile rule.

That way they won't have to do much maintenance on the spec file and you
can write it so that it at least conforms with fedora package naming /
splitting guidelines if not fully fedora compliant.

They may appreciate it, sometimes they write a spec file because they
want to have an RPM to distribute but they don't really know about
packaging and would welcome a well written spec file from someone who
does.