Plymouth with Nvidia drivers

Peter Oliver lists.rpmfusion.org at mavit.org.uk
Thu Aug 15 02:39:45 CEST 2013

I find that Fedora's usual graphical boot splash goes away when I install the proprietary Nvidia drivers from rpmfusion.org, replaced with a text-based progress-bar.

However, I found that all I needed to do to get back to the graphical version was to change gfxpayload=text to gfxpayload=keep in the GRUB2 config.  Given that it seems so simple, I wonder why this isn't the default?  Have I just shot myself in the foot in some way that I'm yet to realise?

--
Peter Oliver