MythTV rebuild?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Aug 18 10:22:48 CEST 2013

On 18/08/13 08:08, Paul wrote:
> On Sat 17/08/2013 6:33 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Hi Richard:  I've just FedUp-ed from F17 to F18 and thought I had seen
>> a post about a Myth
>> rebuild - but find it was just mythweb.  Any chance of a new spin?
>>
>> 0.26.1 looks as if it might have fixed a few bugs that bite me, and
>> although it seems to
>> be just a fairly arbitrary point in the evolution of 0.26-fixes it
>> would be good to see
>> it, or something later, in the repo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> John P
>> .
>>

> How did the upgrade go, as I'm thinking I should do the same shortly.
>
> Paul

No problem with the upgrade, starting from a fully updated system with
all relevant repos enabled.  Really very impressive, but the screen
display after the reboot into it was useless;  only a static blue bar
while intense disk activity went on for around 90 minutes.  Hitting
'escape' brought up the rolling upgrade log, but I only realised I could
do that after a long time watching nothing change and wondering about
infinite loops.

After the upgrade UPnP didn't work, but disabling the firewalld service
and re-enabling iptables seems to have fixed that.  See post in myth-users.

The mouse is being a bit skittish too, but it was doing that before.

Finally, back to Richard.  I would quite like to update the sl6 laptop
for testing before committing the F18 box.  Please... :-)

John