New problems building MythTV-0.27 for el6

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Dec 7 12:21:55 CET 2013

Hi:  I have MythTV Version v0.27-109-gcb744f8 under F18 x86_64 working
well - thanks, Richard - and have tried to rebuild it for my laptop
running Scientific Linux 6 with extras.  I've given details earlier of
the repos I needed for that, and it's been running well with a build I
did using a slightly modified rpmfusion specfile and the git tarball
about 3 weeks ago.  Before that, rpmbuild --rebuild had succeeded under
SL6 using the F18 SRPM.

Now, rpmbuild --rebuild mythtv-0.27-3.fc18.src.rpm fails, probably
because its BUILDROOT folder is mythtv-0.27-3.fc18.i386.  This happens
even if I rename the srpm to mythtv-0.27-3.el6.src.rpm   I don't know
where the fc18 tag is coming from, but it appears in the definition of
RPM_BUILD_ROOT in config.ep

So I've just tried mock instead.  That says No Package found for
lame-devel, although I have it installed and have just been able to
download it (not within mock) from here:

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/6/i386/lame-devel-3.99.5-1.el6.i686.rpm

All rather puzzling.  I'll perhaps try a new rebuild from git tarball.

Any hints?

Thanks,

John P