Nvidia 310 drivers for Fedora 17?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Jan 4 00:37:39 CET 2013

On Qui, 2013-01-03 at 16:24 -0700, Michael Smith wrote:
> With the steam beta release for Linux, I am pretty excited about
> playing games under Linux again.
>
> However, it would appear to require the newer nvidia 310 drivers.
>
> Are there any plans to update these for Fedora 17 from rpmfusion?
>
> Michael

Hi,
yeah , I also upgrade all my graphics drives, X11, Mesa, etc to try
steam, but after other announcement, I find out that is not necessary (I
do a yum distribution-synchronization) and works with F17 drives but I
have an Intel, see if is the same in your case:

http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=games&package=steam

cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
wget http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/Fedora_17/games.repo
yum install steam