NVidia-Drivers / libcuda.so?

Satz Klauer satzklauer at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:20:43 CET 2013

Hi,

I want to use the NVidia drivers together with libcuda.so to use my
graphics card for calculations (for SETI at Home to be more exact).

After I installed the related graphics-driver-packages from RPMFusion
I found some programs like nvidia-cuda-proxy or
nvidia-cuda-server-control but no libcuda.so. Amazingly these
NVidia-CUDA-daemons are not started.

Google told me libcuda was part of the NVidia xorg-drv-package at
least for earlier versions than Fedora 18. So what happened to it? Is
there a reason why it is no longer part of that package?

Thanks!