libfaad ???

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 27 22:31:23 CET 2013

Am 27.03.2013 22:23, schrieb Nicolas Chauvet:
>     yes you need them to build a working ffmpeg
>     but the rpmfusion build of ffmpeg is crap
>
> You are obviously miss-leading others readers

no - i show a way to get a RELIEBALE ffmpeg-binary to produce
H264/AAC files useable for HTML5 wich is not possible with any
rpmfusion ffmpeg-build since many years

> RPM Fusion ffmpeg maintainer dropped support for faac because faac was discovered to
> be nonfree software. We (RPM Fusion, or even any sane Free Software Citizen), should
> avoid redistributing GPL software linked with this. PERIOD.

it does not interest me why and what
ffmpeg worked to produce H264/AAC untila RANDOM update years ago

there is rpmfusion-nonfree, but hey to use it for ffmpeg would
have lead to re-strcuture what is in rpmfusion-free and what
is in rpmfusion-nonfree which nobody cares

> There is nothing to worry about faac, that was not a very good AAC encoder I was said

but it works, your builds do not

> Now what could be fixed instead is to use the fdk-aac library instead:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencore-amr/files/fdk-aac/
> There are many complain about aac encoding, one should complaint about this library not packaged into RPM Fusion
> (and should stop talking but to package it).
> and again... PERIOD.

it is nice what you COULD but it does not interest me since the day whoever
crippeled the ffmpeg-package and i stared to build my own packages a day later

well until a few months they was not static-build but since i switched
to static builds i am completly independent from rpmfusion and if
this night ffmpeg-1.3 is released you can be pretty sure that i have
tomowwor 1:00 AM a wokring package for F17/F18 running trough any
autotests and ready to deploy even for production servers