libfaad ???

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 28 00:09:12 CET 2013

Am 27.03.2013 23:11, schrieb Alice Wonder:
> On 3/27/2013 2:31 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>

>> Am 27.03.2013 22:23, schrieb Nicolas Chauvet:
>>>      yes you need them to build a working ffmpeg
>>>      but the rpmfusion build of ffmpeg is crap
>>>
>>> You are obviously miss-leading others readers
>>
>> no - i show a way to get a RELIEBALE ffmpeg-binary to produce
>> H264/AAC files useable for HTML5 wich is not possible with any
>> rpmfusion ffmpeg-build since many years
>
> Looking at the rpmfusion spec file, it seems I just need to define one macro and rebuild. That's not really that
> big of a deal

oh yeah, and each time rpmfusion raises the Release-var you
have to take care that you rebuild again or break your
applications - been there, done that

you missed the word RELIEBALE

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ ls /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12M 2013-03-22 21:26 /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg

this build is COMPLETLY independent of any ffmpeg-libs
and x264-libs which other packages are using and
provides only a ffmpeg-cli binary only linking
dynamic to other libs than x264 which raises
permanently the so-name as ffmpeg does also