MythTV on el6: tuner support

Michael Schumacher Michael.S.Schumacher at gmx.de
Tue May 14 21:05:28 CEST 2013

John,

Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:56:05 AM, you wrote:

JP> An update.  I had no success, over several weeks, with the linuxtv
JP> media_build script and current kernels from sl6, and a quick attempt to
JP> rebuild the ATrpms v4l package also failed.  But then I tried the
JP> kernel-lt from elrepo, and the PCTV-290e DVB-T2 USB device works with no
JP> apparent problems.

my DVB-C card had no drivers available in Centos6. After some
searching, I found http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/S2-liplianin
and
https://pikacode.com/mercurial.intuxication.org/s2-liplianin.tar.gz,
which is a big collection of DVB-drivers. I had to make it against the
Centos kernel without major problems. It works nice since then. The
only problem is that I need to rebuild it after every centos kernel
update. I use a "Cinergy C PCI HD"-card.

--
Best regards,
 Michael                            mailto:Michael.S.Schumacher at gmx.de