Nvidia on kernel 3.11.1-200

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Sep 19 20:21:19 CEST 2013

Am 19.09.2013 19:58, schrieb Richard Allen:
> [...]

which leaves the question open why someone upgrades to F19 if he relies
on BLOB drivers without any need because F18 is supported the next
months

so as user you have three choices:

* think about the hardware you buy
* think about mindless upgrades without pressure if you bought the wrong
* think about using a LTS distribution for crappy hardware

if any hardware needs a 3rd party driver and is not supported out-of-the-box
i simply do not buy it - so easy life can be