Force manual build from akmod

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 21 21:40:30 CEST 2013

Am 21.09.2013 21:19, schrieb Richard Allen:
> [...]

if you asnwer whatever to a list-discussion to in on-list
period

> I stated that I belived that the rpmfusion mailing list has a specific purpose and topic.

and i answered on-topic before you creeped out

> Im my view this does in no way qualify so I'll reply to you off list.

anything is worthless without qualify it

> Do you really think anyone on the list has any interest in this discussion?

yes, because the next one with the same problem has a chance
to make his own decisions or make them even before the problem

> If you do choose to reply onto the list, please don't edit out the following:
> To other list members, I am sorry for my involvement in getting this simple discussion this far off topic.
>
> Now let me summarize:
>
> You agree that recent Fedora's support nvidia out of the box with the Nouveau driver.

yes

> Fact 1: This means that any new kernel on Fedora 19 will have nvidia support

not every brand new card

> Fact 2: That means your statements of "Unsupported hardware" and "To new kernels" are simply incorrect and misleading.

no, Nouveau doe snot support *all* featurs and not all hardware
look at the video of Linus Torvalds in this context with
the summary "fuck you nvidia"

> Here is a thought for you.  Try telling people who ask for help the truth. For example:

i told the truth boy
the turth it wait until the 3rd party driver package supports the kernel

> "I think Binary BLOB's are bad, and since your BLOB is not working, you should give Nouveau a try.

since Nouveau is there out of the box someone having the
Nvidia driver has it because a decision which also leaded
to enable a 3rd party repo - so what is the new here?

> Nouveau is a working 3D accelerated driver for nvidia cards and that project needs all the help and
> testers it can get because a truly free and Opensource nvidia driver that works is something that
> would be great for all of us to have."

nothing new for anybody, this is the driver you have directly after the setup

> See how I said the same thing without spewing hate or lies at people?

you are a fool

my reply was short and not a lie in any context
"if you rely on BLOB drivers *wait*" is the only sohrt and correct answer

since the BLOB drivers are not installed magically ther was a decision doing
the wrong before and if someone makes a decision he has to live with the results

in this context: wait until your crap supports a new kernel release

>> than be careful with words like "Troll"
> Yess Sir! :)   (but since you are not the boss of me, I doubt I'll obey) :)

i do not need to be the boss of anybody to qualify his statements