MythTV 0.27.3 ???

Kelsie Flynn kelsiegflynn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 22:20:18 CEST 2014

Regarding
https://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-users/2014-August/000429.html

On 2014-08-01 07:03, Richard Shaw wrote:

*> >>* Are there any plans for Centos/RHEL 6/7 0.27.x packages?
*> >
* That's currently not possible because the version of QT in RHEL is
too old and the version in EPEL (QT5) is too new. **Since RPM Fusion
has a policy not to replace currently shipping packages we're at an
impasse.
*> >* Once RPM Fusion branches for EPEL 7 I plan to support the
package there though.
*> >* Thanks,
*>* Richard
*
Thanks Richard. I suspected that that may have been the case. My plan
for my next build was to go with Centos 7 anyway so that works for me.

Richard,

While what you said is not "incorrect". I want to add some things. My
opinions are directed towards RPMfusion and all members with decision
making power
for building packages, not just you.

 My uncle Doodle used to say:

 "Opinions are like *ss#holes, Everybody has one!".

Like it or not.
I don't come out from behind my rock too much.
But when I do, I have some things to say and this is my opinion!

*>That's currently not possible because the version of QT in RHEL is
too old and the version in EPEL (QT5) is too new.*

**Don't use qt5 with EL6. It's not binary compatible directly with
el6's qt4-6.2 but qt4-4.8.X is. Someone told you wrong to try it.
*

**Use this repo instead. Created by SIC from Fedora # This was built
isolated in /opt, I have rebuilt it against 4.8.5 with Axels'
reference system for
qt47.https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/sic/qt48/epel-qt48.repo
<https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/sic/qt48/epel-qt48.repo>
*

*You have to force it(unless you rebuilt it) because mythtv packages
from Axel and RPMf are built against the qt*-* and not qt48-qt-*.*

*My qt48-4.8.5 spec/build that I upgraded from (sics) previous great
work on this subject will be turned over to Axel with a matter of
days. And then it will
*

*start populating the el6 repos as things always have. Axel's
obviously busy or he'd had make this work already and we wouldn't be
discussing it.*

*It's my opinion that Axel was ok with having a couple small rpm
issues in qt47(which is why it was in atrpms-testing)
I'm sure Axel probably expected the Open Source Community and peers
like us to fix that and contribute and not just try and fix it and NOT
contribute, and then complain.*

*Axels "vacations" to me ...have proven that we need him around to
keep the flow moving.
*

*I'm no Axel, but I am one of his biggest fans.*

*Back on point:*

*>Since RPM Fusion has a policy not to replace currently shipping
packages we're at an impasse!
*

*RPMfusion already has other qt4's in the RPMfusion repo Richard. As
you know, they just don't work(very well), even though they sit
there...like they might.Fact is:Axels 4.7 worked. Up to the change
upstream in mythtv.
 It just needed a few minor things addressed, which has been done.
This and Sics work are the basis for a now working qt48 kit on el6.
Without any openGL or Webkit or slow mythweb related issues.*

*>Since RPM Fusion has a policy not to replace currently shipping
packages we're at an impasse.I'm sorry again Richard. ....No direct
disrespect intended as I like you and all the peps at RPMfusion and
Axels group. Even though I only know you by reading posts/notes from
your work!
*
In all fairness,

*This is by choice or technical decision based solely on the decision
making processes' of the past and is now technically a MOOT point.*

*If any of you don't believe me or you or anyone at RPMf want to engage.
Email me. I will not debate these facts and my personal opinions no
more than this on this point here.*

*Lets fix what needs to be fixed as FSF loving people and drop the
non-relevant explanations from the past.
I'm not religious, but here's My philosophy, Regarding the ongoing
pissing contest between RPMf and ATrpms.*

*It's not helping either or both sides.*

*Consider this:
I got a big ego and I think highly of myself ...but **Stubbornness and
Rigidity is my default nature! *

*I'm faulty. I have made mistakes. I'm not perfect. I have done things
I'm not proud of. I have even bullied and been bullied.
*
*I value intelligence though I am sometimes inconsistent and
contradictory. I value respect, even though I have disrespected many.*

*These things do not make, nor define me though, because I adapt and
continue to learn, instead of becoming rigid and more stubborn.
*

*We are all human!Lets put it all together and just make it work. RPMf
and ATrpms can both PISS very, very , very far. We really  don't need
to prove it.*

*
Sincerely,*

*Kelsie FlynnKelsie at elmythos.org <Kelsie at elmythos.org>*