Livna releases missing: Fedora 18, 19, 20, 21

Jargon Scott jargfusea at halibutdepot.org
Tue Feb 3 16:37:47 CET 2015

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 03.02.2015 um 15:07 schrieb Jargon Scott:
>>  Greetings, folks.
>>
>>  This is an issue with Livna, but I'm raising it here as per the support
>>  instructions at http://rpm.livna.org/ .
>
> Livna is dead - so what
>
> libdvdcss is also not heavily maintained and available
> via atrpms (do not enable that repo completly)
> http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/f20/libdvdcss/
>
> so why not just download the two packages and type "yum update *.rpm" in the
> download folder?

Thanks for the reference.  I don't mind finding that package elsewhere, nor do I mind installing it manually.

Whether or not Livna is dead, it seems as if the releases for Fedora 18 through 21 had disappeared unintentionally.  I raise issue in case the absence was not expected and had gone unnoticed.

If it had been planned to drop support, then I'd expect to see no futher updates; I wouldn't expect the Fedora 21 release to appear and then disappear. :)