Mostly no 3d with nvidia driver and maxwell card?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:55:12 CET 2015

I can't seem to get anything to work that needs any kind of
3D support with my GTX 750 Ti card and nvidia binary drivers
from rpmfusion and fedora 21 64 bit.

I followed the instructions for installing from the web page
at http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia and 2D certainly works
(which is more than it does with nouveau), but no 3d.

I've gathered all the information I could think of and
stashed it on this web page:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/misc/3d/README.html

The most likely way I could have broken something is by
installing some rpm I shouldn't be installing (because I tend
to copy the list of rpms from the old fedora and install
the newer versions of the same rpm names in the new fedora),
but I don't have any idea what rpms might cause a problem that way.

I don't even know for sure that maxwell cards are supposed to
be fully working in fedora yet :-).

Anyone have any ideas, or can confirm that it just don't work yet?