problem with install vlc from rpmfusion on fedora 22

John-wayne witt jwwitt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:52:10 CEST 2015

Anthony Hughes <anthony.s.hughes at ...> writes:

>     It looks like you're missing libfreerdp-cache.so.1.2 which *should*
>     be provided by
>
>     the freerdp-libs package in Fedora's repositories. When I do 'yum
>     install freerdp-libs' on my Fedora 21 system I get 'Package
>     freerdp-libs-1.2.0-0.6.beta.1.fc21.2.x86_64 already installed'.
>     Fedora Rawhide likely provides some version of this package as well.
>
>     Try installing this package if you don't have this package
>     installed. If you already have it installed, perhaps VLC is looking
>     for a different version. On 2015-04-27 8:06 AM, Ali Reza wrote:

I am also having this problem on fedora 22:
 $ dnf install vlc
 Error: nothing provides libfreerdp-cache.so.1.2()(64bit) needed by
vlc-core-2.2.0-0.2.fc21.x86_64

I can conform that freerdp-libs IS installed:
 $ dnf list  freerdp-libs
 Installed Packages
 freerdp-libs.x86_64       2:1.2.0-0.9.git.24a752a.fc22       @System

I even tried downgrading to an older version of freerdp-libs, since the
version I have is newer than the one listed below:
 $ dnf downgrade  freerdp-libs
 Package freerdp-libs of lowest version already installed, cannot downgrade it.
 Error: Nothing to do.

Anyone got any other ideas?