akmod-wl trouble

ageha ageha.stg at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:31:25 CEST 2015

Hi everybody.
I had a bit of trouble with the akmod-wl package.
Fedora got a newer Kernel but the kmod-wl package is still not available, so I decided to use akmod-wl, which worked great in the past. I ran "akmods --force" but got an error that some modules(?) (I sadly forget to write down the exact error message).
After looking into it I just didn't had kernel-devel installed.
Now everything works. But two things are bothering me, shouldn't the akmod package pull in the kernel-devel automatically? Since it seems to be pretty Important. Also akmod is still using the yum command for installing:
"Yum command has been deprecated, redirecting to '/usr/bin/dnf -y install --disablerepo=* /tmp/akmods.1lsZGpXy/results/kmod-wl-4.0.4-303.fc22.x86_64-6.30.223.248-8.fc22.1.x86_64.rpm'"

Maybe that should be changed to dnf, since it is the "standard" now.