nvidia for F23

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Thu Nov 5 14:29:52 CET 2015

> On 4 Nov 2015, at 16:15, Barry Scott <barry at barrys-emacs.org> wrote:
>
> Unless I messed up I do not think there is an rpmfusion nvidia driver for F23.
>
> Is it known when a version of the driver that works with the bew Xorg server
> ABI version 20 may be made available?
>
> Barry

On Fedora Users someone reported that they had successfully installing the
old Xorg on F23 to get nvidia working.

For the record these are the commands that I think are the minimum to do this
until rpmfusion and NVidia catch up:

# dnf remove xorg-x11-drv-nouveau
# dnf downgrade xorg-x11-server-Xorg  --releasever 22 —allowerasing
# dnf install akmod-nvidia --releasever 22
# systemctl enable akmods
# reboot

I did clean out all the files in /var/cache/akmods and /var/cache/akmods/nvidia
to be sure that akmods would build the rpm. But I’m not sure if I need to do that.

Barry