ffmpeg and libvo-aacenc.so.0 on Fedora 23

Michael vendor-rpmfusion at kmaclub.com
Mon Nov 23 21:55:00 CET 2015

On 11/22/2015 10:06 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 11/22/2015 08:18 AM, Michael wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> After a recent update to ffmpeg, I am getting this error:
>>
>> ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libvo-aacenc.so.0: cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> I believe this should come from the vo-aacenc package, but I don't see
>> it anywhere.
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can find this missing library/package?
>>
>> Here are the packages I have installed:
>> ffmpeg-libs-2.8.2-2.fc23.x86_64
>> ffmpeg-2.8.2-2.fc23.x86_64
>> ffmpeg-compat-0.6.7-9.fc23.x86_64
>> gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.10.13-15.fc22.x86_64
>> ffmpeg-devel-2.8.2-2.fc23.x86_64
>>

>> Michael
>
> You've got something weird. I don't see ffmpeg-2.8.2-2.fc23 in
> rpmfusion, I only see -1.
>
>  What's the output of:
>
> which ffmpeg
> dnf list
> ldd `which ffmpeg`

Yup, you are right.  There is something weird.  This helped me at least
see the source of the issue.

I forgot I had added another repo in the past - The Handbrake
repository.  It would appear to actually be there ffmpeg that has the issue.

ffmpeg.x86_64                           1:2.8.2-2.fc23 @fedora-HandBrake
ffmpeg-compat.x86_64                    0.6.7-9.fc23 @@commandline
ffmpeg-devel.x86_64                     1:2.8.2-2.fc23 @fedora-HandBrake
ffmpeg-libs.x86_64                      1:2.8.2-2.fc23 @fedora-HandBrake

So, this isn't an rpmfusion repo issue.  I apologize for misatributting
it to rpmfusion.  I will file a ticket with the handbrake repo.
Ideally, it would be good for them not to duplicate packages with rpmfusion.

Michael