A stop job is running for Builds?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:33:58 CEST 2016

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 22:10:47 +0800
Ed Greshko wrote:

> > Anyone know what systemd is looking at to make it wait on this?
> > I could add it to my script full of all sorts of things I manually
> > bash over the head to make systemd not wait on them :-). (Which
> > I run as part of my "reboot" alias).
>
> FWIW, I always check /var/cache/akmods/akmods.log to make sure everything is *really*
> finished.  I've had times where there was a considerable gap between the time the builds
> of the kmods was done and when dnf itself was finished installing them.

I think I figured out it was the akmods-shutdown service. I've disabled it
since it appears to want to force the rebuild of all akmods for all kernels
on every shutdown. I've already got the akmods service that will built
missing modules at boot time, and it seems to run pretty quickly if the
module is already there. The shutdown version looks like some kind of
boat anchor I don't really need :-).