mythtv 0.28

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jun 26 13:15:25 CEST 2016

On 25/06/16 16:44, Michael wrote:
> On 05/16/2016 03:42 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Shawn Asmussen
>> <<mailto:shawn.asmussen at gmail.com>shawn.asmussen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>     Are packages for the most recent version of mythtv (0.28)
>>     something that is in the pipeline?
>>

>> Yes, I was just waiting for things to calm down a bit. When you're in
>> a position to automatically upgrade people you have to be a bit more
>> conservative :)
>>
>> I have one user that tried test packages and is reporting some crashes
>> on startup, but if it makes it all the way up it seems OK, still
>> trying to see if it's related to my packaging, mythtv itself, or his
>> setup.
>>

> Hi Richard,
>
> I am getting ready to update to Fedora 24 and I noticed that the mythtv
> packages are there, but the mythweb rpm and srpm aren't on the mirrors.
>
> Michael

I've just built a set of rpms on my Scientific Linux 7.2 (el7) box using
  mythtv-0.28-3.fc24.src.rpm  The only change made was to replace
python2-mysql by mysql-connector-python in the specfile.  I'll try
installing them over a homebuild of 0.28-pre-3689 when it becomes
convenient.

Other repos in use are epel, elrepo, nux-dextop...

Are builds for fc22 and/or fc23 in the pipeline?

Thanks,

John P