nVidia driver not loading

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Mon Jun 27 02:14:16 CEST 2016

Hello,

A new machine and I have installed the rpmfusion nVidia akmods but xorg
is trying to load module "nv", not "nvidia" according the Xorg.0.log.

Where could the system be trying to load the nv driver instead of the
nvidia driver?

nvidia-xorg.conf exists

99-nvidia.conf exists and points to the correct module directories.

This may be the issue.

modprobe: modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nvidia': Required key not
available

How do I add a key to nvidia to load the module?

I need secure boot configured on this machine for Windows 10 and gaming
as it is not my computer and will be configured as dual boot.

Robin