MOC - aac stream, format not supported

Antonio Trande anto.trande at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:36:06 CEST 2016

On 05/15/2016 05:14 PM, A M wrote:
> Hello
>
> When I try to play an internet radio stream in aac format with MOC
> I get the error message "Format not supported".
>
> MOC should be able to handle aac streams, this user reports that
> it works for him:
> http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=424012#p424012
>
> I've also tested playing some aac-audio local files, no problem -
> worked fine. Downloaded from here:
> http://download.wavetlan.com/SVV/Media/HTTP/http-aac.htm
>
> The audio streams which I've encountered the error for are
> SomaFM:s radio channels, for example this:
> https://somafm.com/silent/ https://somafm.com/silent130.pls
>
> I asked around a bit on the #fedora irc-channel about this and
> some thought that the build/packaging of moc looked a bit fishy.
> The file /usr/lib64/moc/decoder_plugins/libaac_decoder.so is
> currently missing, is that correct? I think that another potential
> issue was that faad2 (unsure about exact name) was missing from the
> spec file. Unfortunately I cannot provide you exact information
> since I don't really know a lot about the rpm-system.
>
> Any thoughts on this? Playing local files went well but there's
> some problem with streams...
>
> ---
>
> System info
>
> Fedora 23 x86_64
>
> dnf repolist Last metadata expiration check: 1 day, 6:11:54 ago on
> Sat May 14 11:00:27 2016. repo id
> repo name
> status adobe-linux-x86_64                             Adobe
> Systems Incorporated                                           2
> *fedora                                        Fedora 23 - x86_64
> 46,074 rpmfusion-free                                 RPM Fusion
> for Fedora 23 - Free                                    692
> rpmfusion-free-updates-testing                 RPM Fusion for
> Fedora 23 - Free - Test Updates                     268
> rpmfusion-nonfree                              RPM Fusion for
> Fedora 23 - Nonfree                                 206
> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing              RPM Fusion for
> Fedora 23 - Nonfree - Test Updates                  103 *updates
> Fedora 23 - x86_64 - Updates
> 18,818
>
> mocp --version
>
> This is : Music On Console Version : 2.6-alpha1 Built : Nov  6 2015
> 11:00:12 Compiled with : OSS ALSA JACK Network streams resample
> Running on : Linux 4.4.9-300.fc23.x86_64 x86_64 Author : Damian
> Pietras Homepage : http://moc.daper.net/ E-Mail :
> mocmaint at daper.net Copyright : (C) 2003-2014 Damian Pietras and
> others License : GNU General Public License, version 2 or later

Hi.

Please, use latest releases from github:
https://github.com/sagitter/moc/releases/tag/2.6-alpha2

Packages from RPM Fusion may not be updated.
Do not forget to configure MOC starting from
'/usr/share/doc/moc/config.example' file.

- --
- ---
Antonio Trande
mailto: sagitter 'at' fedoraproject 'dot' org
http://fedoraos.wordpress.com/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sagitter
GPG Key: 0x6CE6D08A
Check on https://keys.fedoraproject.org/