Nvidia Drivers missing

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Nov 23 01:52:40 CET 2016

On Qua, 2016-11-23 at 07:22 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 11/23/16 06:47, Brady, Mike wrote:
> >
> > On 2016-11-23 11:11, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> > >
> > > How is it nobody is discussing the lack of nvidia drivers in the
> > > recent release of Fedora 25? Where are the drivers?
> > 1. Give the devs a chance.  Both xorg 1.19 and the NVIDIA driver
> > with support for it
> > were only released last week.
> > 2. Having said that, there drivers are in the nonfree updates-
> > testing repo.
> I suppose the one caveat to mention is that nvidia-340xx and nvidia-
> 304xx don't seem to
> have Xorg 1.19 support as of now.  Not sure if nVidia will bother
> with that.

Correct and also our wiki is updated
http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia#Installing_the_drivers

Current GeForce/Quadro/Tesla
Supported on current stable Xorg server release. Including Fedora 25

Legacy GeForce 8/9/200 nvidia-340xx
Supported up to Fedora 24. (Not supported on Fedora 25 and later).

Legacy GeForce 6/7 nvidia-304xx
Supported up to Fedora 24. (Not supported on Fedora 25 and later).

Legacy GeForce 5 (FX series)
Supported up to Fedora 20 - EOL, no more nvidia updates

--
Sérgio M. B.