ffmpegthumbnailer - F23

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Sun Sep 25 04:50:34 CEST 2016

On 24/09/16 20:16, Robin Laing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to use ffmpegthumbnailer got the following error
>
> Command
>     ffmpegthumbnailer -i Teslathemissingsecre.avi -o test.jpg
>
> Output
>     Error: Failed to open output file: test.jpg
>

> I tried just having the filename test and still had an issue.
>
> ffmpegthumbnailer version: 2.1.1
>

> I have tried examples on the net and even tried to run as root.  Nothing
> worked.  Do I need to submit a bug report?

Found the issue.

Related to SELINUX from a bug (3929) where the solution is to either
save the file in ~/.thumbnails or change the context by disabling the
thumbnail policy module.

semodule -d thumb  # as root

As it turns out, ffmpeg won't make the type of thumbs I want when I try
using the ~/.thumbnails directory.

--
Save money, use Open Source Software.

Free Office Suite at