akmod vs. kmod

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Sun Jun 15 18:48:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've noticed that in livna, there are two kernel modules available for
nvidia: akmod-nvidia and kmod-nvidia. Are they exclusive of each other
(iow, only one should be installed on a system)? My understanding is
that akmods are compiled whenever any new kernel is installed. Is that
correct? Are there instructions on how to use akmods? (ie. when to
update kernels and when to reboot)

This is a livna-specific question, but I'm assuming that because of the
fusion, these questions can be asked here, and there doesn't seem to be
a "users" list, so ....
--

Richi Plana