uvcvideo webcam modules?

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Sun Mar 2 10:51:09 CET 2008

Hi Valent,

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 10:30 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> are there uvcvideo webcam modules made in rpmfusion repo?
>
> If it is not then please compile them and package them for fedora.
>
> You can use my guide to compile them but I have no idea how to package
> the modules. Here is the link for my howto:
> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/howto-compile-uvcvideo-linux-webcam-module-for-fedora/

Why not learn to package yourself. Do you have any experience with
packaging software other than kernel modules for Fedora?

In case you have, the kmod specific bits are described in detail here
[1]. See packages with -kmod in name for examples [2] -- I'm not sure
which ones are already kmod2, but at least iscsitarget-kmod or
qcusb-kmod are for sure :) Note there are also other ways to package
kernel modules; probably google for "dkms".

[1] http://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2
[2] http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/development/SRPMS/

Feel free to ask if you need any help packaging those.