Next steps to get RPM Fusion running (V2)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Nov 3 08:18:47 CET 2008

On 03.11.2008 07:42, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 08:30:25PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> just thought I write down a rough list of things that I plan to do for
>>> RPM Fusion over the next couple of weeks. I'm sending it here in the
>>> hope that some people help me with some of those task; then we
>>> hopefully get RPM Fusion running quite soon.
>> Here is a updated version; most important things at the top of the list;
>> not all of the points necessarily have to be done, but ideally they all
>> get done; if I missed anything just tell me ;-)
>>
>> - get the mirror manager that adrianr put in place (see
>> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001393.html
>> listed as mirrors.rpmfusion.org in DNS;
>>
>> Needs
>>  * adrianr: 	IP address
>>  * thias: 	DNS update
>
> This has been done.
>
> http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-9&arch=i386

Thias, thx for taking care of it. Some issues:

- we need something better for http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org ;-)
- the current release files and the mirrormanager use different names
for the repo files; Example:
release.rpm right now has:
     [...]?repo=rpmfusion-free-debug-f$releasever[...]
mirror manager expects:
     [...]?repo=free-debug-fedora$releasever[...]
We need to change one of the two (or both).
- back a few weeks ago you iirc said that we need to be able to adjust
DNS quickly in case the machine goes down; that's not solved yet