Using RPM Fusion In Anaconda (Was: Re: [RPM Fusion] Update of "RPMFusionInAnaconda" by sunset06)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Nov 4 13:16:15 CET 2008

Hi!

David, thx for taking care of the page. A few notes for general discussion:

On 04.11.2008 12:31, RPM Fusion Wiki wrote:

> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "RPM Fusion" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by sunset06:

Not important, just a BTW: In the MoinMoin days in Fedora we had a "You
have to use Real Names for Wikinames" rule. I don't think we should
enforce this, but I'd say it makes life a whole lot easier...

> http://rpmfusion.org/RPMFusionInAnaconda?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Update to F8/9/10 era, and fix the actual method used.
> [...]
> - When you hit the general software selection screen in anaconda, enable Fedora Extras if using Fedora Core 6 or enable "Fedora" if using Fedora 7 or greater by clicking on the Checkbox in front of it.
> + === Adding the RPM Fusion '''Free''' repositories during install ===
> + To use the RPM Fusion repos, at least the Free repo must be added.
> +  1. In the Additional Repositories section, click the '''Add additional software repositories''' button.
> +  1. In the Edit Repository dialog, set the Repository name: '''RPM Fusion Free'''
> +  1. Set Repository type: '''HTTP/FTP'''
> +  1. Set Repository URL depending distribution version:
> +     - '''release''': http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-updates-released-9&arch=i386

That's quite a lot to type and easy to get wrong. I'm wondering if we
should set up URL aliases somewhere to make life easier for everyone
that wants to use RPM Fusion in anaconda.

Example:

http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/alias?f9u-i386-free
(or something like that= could redirect to
http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-updates-released-9&arch=i386

> + The repository won't be enabled or used in the installed system if you forget to select rpmfusion-release, [...]

Jeremy did some changes to anaconda; hopefully the release packages get
tracked in by default now in F10 and later; I did not find time to test
this yet. Anybody interested to drive this forward?