Presto test repositories for rpmfusion

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 00:58:26 CET 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:29:47 +0200, Jonathan Dieter wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 14:26 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:03:08 +0200, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> >
> > > I would love to see the official rpmfusion repositories become
> > > presto-enabled, but it would take some love from those who understand
> > > the build system.
> >
> > What are the exact requirements?
>
> Whichever machine builds the deltarpms needs loads of RAM (mainly for
> the really big rpms).  Specifically, you need (uncompressed_size_of_rpm
> * 3).
>
> Other than that, not much

Might be the blocker criterion, however.

> > The README in presto-utils reads as if all that is needed is the
> > path to a normal rpms repository (i.e. the parent of the repodata dir).
>
> Yes, though if you're doing rpmfusion-free and rpmfusion-updates-free,
> ATM that path needs to be a parent directory of both.  In the test
> repositories, I kludge it by making a rpmfusion+updates-free that
> contains symlinks to rpmfusion-free and rpmfusion-updates-free. (If
> that's not clear, check out the directory layout in
> http://lesloueizeh.com/f9/i386 and you should see what I mean.)

Creating a tmp dir that contains symlinks to the repos would work?

Another hurdle is that the rpmfusion-free repo (= releases -> Everything)
is not maintained within the pushscript configuration file. Only
updates and updates-testing are. Example:

 '9' is the dist id for the RPMFusion F9 updates
 'testing/9' is the id for the corresponding test updates

The absolute/relative path to the releases/9/Everything repo tree would
need to be added via new config values. Not a big problem, though.

> > It shouldn't be difficult to add another module to the pushscript.
> > See bottom 20 lines of
> >
> >   http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/extras-buildsys/utils/pushscript/Push.py?root=fedora&view=markup
> >
> > where modules like RepoPrune, RepoView, RepoBuild (createrepo) are
> > executed. They have access to configuration parameters so they can
> > construct a list of repository paths. A Presto or PrestoBuild module
> > would work similarly.
>
> Yes, that looks *way* simpler than the proposed method in Fedora.  I've
> got some time tomorrow; I'll see what I can come up with.

I've set up some files to test presto-utils here.
One thing that doesn't want to work is 'createprestorepo -m <repo dir>'.
It says "Delta directory must exist." which is nothing I understand
without examining the source code.