using rpmfusion repo during fedora install

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Nov 7 09:08:06 CET 2008

On 06.11.2008 22:13, David Timms wrote:
> Hi, I didn't have any luck following updated procedure:
> http://rpmfusion.org/RPMFusionInAnaconda
> Basically:
> 1. doesn't seem to like a mirrorlist when it appears to be entered
> correctly actually is picked up properly by anaconda

Did you switch to TTY3 or TTY4 to get an idea what might be wrong?

 > [...]
> So:
> - do we have a comps file ?
> - is it in the correct place ?

2 x "Yes".

But note, the better question would have been: Does out comps.xml have
the right format? But I think it has, as it works just fine with
stand-alone pirut (if one complies and runs the F8 version on rawhide)

> - it is pretty random to try and find rpmfusion specific packages
> amongst the zillion other fedora packages. It could be good to have a
> comps group something like: Additional Software Repositories, where any
> additional repos '-release' package would appear.

Double "no" from my side:

- Users should not care where a package comes from, hence groups like
"Additional Software Repositories" are just bad bad bad. Users should
just select groups like "Gnome" or "KDE" and get the important things
for those environments. That's how our current comps.xml is designed; as
it seems to work well with the stand-alone pirut I'd right now tend to
say the bug is in anaconda

- the user should not care of the '-release' packages; they should get
installed by default if a repo is configured. But seems that doesn't work

I tend to say it's the same (or a similar) bug in anaconda that is
responsible for both problems.