using rpmfusion repo during fedora install

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 6 22:13:27 CET 2008

Hi, I didn't have any luck following updated procedure:
http://rpmfusion.org/RPMFusionInAnaconda
Basically:
1. doesn't seem to like a mirrorlist when it appears to be entered
correctly actually is picked up properly by anaconda
2. if using just the path to the repo (ie folder containing repodata
folder), anaconda (accepts the selection), but then doesn't show any
rpmfusion packages in the GUI {customize now}.

I asked on #fedora-qa, where I was told:
sunset06: another way: During install, with an additional repo defined,
and then customize now...
(23:29:43) sunset06: how / where should user get access to select
packages from that repo ?

(23:34:52) jlaska: sunset06: package selection from manually entered yum
repositories is only available if the repository provides a comps.xml file
(23:35:42) jlaska: the comps file tells anaconda how the packages map
into the UI I believe (and what should be  mandatory||optional||hidden
etc...)

So:
- do we have a comps file ?
- is it in the correct place ?
- it is pretty random to try and find rpmfusion specific packages
amongst the zillion other fedora packages. It could be good to have a
comps group something like: Additional Software Repositories, where any
additional repos '-release' package would appear.

What do you think ?

DaveT.