News page in the Wiki

Chris Nolan chris at cenolan.com
Sun Nov 9 19:25:59 CET 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> There is a API afaics, as bugzilla, bodhi, pkdb and other services in
> Fedora all can interact with FAS. So it likely shouldn't be to hard
> what you want to do; maybe you can some of the infos you need on
> https://fedorahosted.org/fas/ ; otherwise ask ToshioKuratomi (
> abadger1999 in #fedora-devel; see also
> /http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ToshioKuratomi)

Thanks, I spoke with Toshio and he was most helpful. From the info he
gave me it should be relatively straightforward to make Wordpress
authenticate against FAS. That is the first step, and then (optionally)
we could only allow people within a certain FAS group to make posts.
Potentially we could even map various groups within FAS to different
roles within WP.

If others agree that a blog would be useful for rpmfusion (I personally
think its a great idea and would be an excellent tool for communicating
with end users) then I'll get busy putting together a WP plugin for
authenticating against FAS.