News page in the Wiki

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 9 20:35:24 CET 2008

On 09.11.2008 20:22, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2008/11/9 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
>> I like the idea, nevertheless the big question that springs to my mind is:
>> Do people really want to make posts (aka. blog about stuff that happens)?
>> And do they not only want to, but actually do it later?
> I think so :)

I'm not that optimistic ;-)

>> I mean, everyone of us that is a Fedora contributor already could have
>> simply done it: Set up a blog somewhere, add its rss feed to Fedora planet
>> and post about interesting things that happen in RPM Fusion (or
>> dribble/frehsrpms/livna beforehand). Nearly none of the current contributors
>> did that afaics.
> I think we need an *official* blog where the all type of user can be
> informed. Possibily with  an RPM Fusion theme. Something that is not
> related to planet Fedora but that can be easily aggregated by feed
> readers or planets.

Sure, I got that and I tend to agree. But let me say what I meant in
different words again: Afaics most RPM Fusion (or
dribble/frehsrpms/livna beforehand) contributors up to now didn't blog
much about their 3rd party work -- at least I didn't see much blog posts
about it on planet fedora. There is also not that much contribution to
our wiki from packagers. So maybe most packagers are not that interested
in "writing about their work and their packages" and that's why I'm not
100% sure that this will be different with a official RPM Fusion blog (¹).

But we'll see; maybe I'd wrong (hopefully I am). I just thought it's
worth mentioning. What my mind maybe wanted to say: Maybe start small
and don't put to much work in FAS authentications before we know for
sure that people will use that blog.

/me shuts up now

Just my 2 cent of course.

(¹) Further: I often think "hey, I should blog about this" and later
don't find time for it; I fear that will be the same with a official RPM
Fusion blog...