Two kmod packaging questions

Chris Nolan chris at cenolan.com
Wed Nov 12 14:25:06 CET 2008

Having got the wl-kmod package finished and submitted I've got a couple
of questions about the release/build process:

1) Is there anything that I need to do when a new kernel is released
into updates-testing or when that kernel is pushed into updates? I
presume the kmod will need to be rebuilt against the newer kernel, but
is this automated, or does someone else look after it? How do we ensure
that our kmod gets into the rpmfusion repos as quickly as possible after
the fedora team release new kernels?

2) When we release the kmod do we bother to release it also for older
kernels or just for the most recent one? i.e. do we release a build that
is for the stock F9 kernel that comes on the installation media?

Thanks
Chris