Two kmod packaging questions

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Nov 12 17:17:09 CET 2008

On 12.11.2008 14:25, Chris Nolan wrote:
> 1) Is there anything that I need to do when a new kernel is released
> into updates-testing or when that kernel is pushed into updates?

In most cases: No (and if then I'll get in contact with you). I will
normally take care of rebuilding and pushing all kmods for newly
released kernels as quickly as possible for stable releases (for rawhide
the plan is to do it only once a week, but now that F-01 comes closer
I'll likely do it more often).

> 2) When we release the kmod do we bother to release it also for older
> kernels or just for the most recent one?

Just the recent one.

> i.e. do we release a build that
> is for the stock F9 kernel that comes on the installation media?

No. The release repos (that are empty for F8 and F9) will take care of
that, as all kmods there will be available for the kernels that ship
with F-10; that way you can use rpm fusion in the installer as the deps
for sure will work. Or you enable all the updates repos for Fedora and
RPM Fusion and get the latest kernels and kmods

HTH

Cu