CVS mangle patches

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Thu Nov 13 16:25:21 CET 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> But you (or the import script) did something else wrong: You added a
> compressed patch to CVS:

Yeah, was going to mail about that. The reason to do this was that I first
added the (large) uncompressed patch, and it was mangled by CVS! The patch
no longe applied after being submitted... I never experienced anything
like this before. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

> CVS doesn't handle compressed files very well, hence we avoid to do it. Can
> you please upload that patch to CVS with "make upload
> FILES='sidplay_2.0.9-5.diff.gz'"? tia!

Yeah I will fix it that way instead.

Linus