Make sure your packages are listed in comps.xml (was: Re: Enabling RPM Fusion during Fedora Install)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Nov 15 11:13:35 CET 2008

On 15.11.2008 10:56, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
> That means: You can enable RPM Fusion in Anaconda during installation of
> Fedora 10 with anaconda and everything will "Just Work" (TM).
>
> I updated (read: reworked and renamed) the page in the wiki that
> describes how to use RPM Fusion during Install:
> http://rpmfusion.org/EnablingRpmFusionDuringFedoraInstall
 > [...]

HEADS UP to all packagers: For this to work properly you must make sure
all the *binary* packages a user might want to (de)select in anaconda
are listed in one of groups in our comps.xml files.

So *pretty please*, please look at this URLs:

http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/comps/comps-f10.xml.in?root=free&view=markup
http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/comps/comps-f10.xml.in?root=nonfree&view=markup

Are all the interesting binary rpms that get build from the packages you
maintain listed there? If not please consider to add them; the comps
directory can be found in the root of the free and nonfree directories
in CVS; they will get pushed to the repo with the next push.

Further: Please make sure that all the packages that a user will likely
want by default are listed as such in those groups where it makes sense.

Examples: Right now gnome-mplayer, gstreamer-plugins-ugly and
gstreamer-ffmpeg are marked as default for all users that have the GNOME
group selected (that is the default). People that disable GNOME and
enable KDE will get amarok-extras-freeworld and k3b-extras-freeworld by
default (do they also want the gstreamer stuff these days?).

/me wonders if xine-lib-extras-freeworld should be marked as default for
GNOME, KDE or in general as well

Hints how to use comps.xml can be found at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CompsXml

If you are unsure if, where or how your packages should get listed
please ask for advice on the list or on IRC.

And another note: Please also check the comps.xml for saneness. I
suppose there are some old packages still in the current file that were
dropped over the past few months. tia!