Introduction

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Nov 25 12:57:53 CET 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 25.11.2008 11:48, Paul Howarth wrote:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Well, in your case it's something else: You are not sponsored for CVS
>>> yet. I considered hitting the sponsor button, but you IIRC don't
>>> maintain any packages, hence I didn't hit it. Or do you plan to help
>>> out anywhere? Then let me know and I'll sponsor you.
>> I'm happy to help out co-maintaining things (e.g. for EL) as there
>> isn't actually anything that I'm particularly interested in that's not
>> already in rpmfusion. I was going to submit an xv package originally
>> but I think from the wiki that there's already one there.
>
> Yeah. Do you want to take care of that for the EL branch? Then I'll
> branch it.

Yes, I'm happy to do that.

>> I did struggle to find a comprehensive list of what's available though
>> - is there a repoview somewhere?  If there is, I think it would be
>> worth adding a link to it
>> from the wiki somewhere that casual browsers might find it.
>
> Yeah, as mentioned some minutes ago in
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-November/002611.html
>
> There is a lot of things that need improvement. Our docs are one area
> where we really suck.

OK, I'll try to fix things where I see them; I trust there are no ACL
restrictions like (parts of) the Fedora wiki?

> And yeah, all of the repos contain a directory repoview/ that contains
> the repoview data.

OK, found them now:
e.g.
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/10/Everything/x86_64/os/repoview/index.html
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/releases/10/Everything/x86_64/os/repoview/index.html

>> As I couldn't find one quickly, I thought of trying to check out
>> modules from cvs.
>
> As mentioned: CVS works anonymously as well. But that's also not
> documented in our wiki :-/
>
>> As I'm a sponsor in Fedora I thought I may not need separately
>> sponsoring for rpmfusion (the wiki isn't clear on this I think), which
>> is evidently not the case.
>
> Yes and no. Yes, someone has to click the "sponsor" button in FAS (/me
> normally). But that's about it if you are already a sponsor or a normal
> contributor in Fedora.

OK, please click (and unblock me from denyhosts - 212.56.100.58).

Cheers, Paul.