transcode for EL-5

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Nov 28 06:42:39 CET 2008

On Sun, November 23, 2008 5:33 pm, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> On Sunday, 23 November 2008 at 12:44, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> On 21.11.2008 22:45, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> [...]
>>> It's not that bad afaics:
>>>
>>> * transcode needs libdvdread-devel as BR. We are waiting for that to
>>> show up in EPEL for some weeks now. Dominik, Rdieter, what the latest
>>> status? We really need to get this solved...
>>
>> Well, someone (I don't remember who) didn't want me to push
>> libdvdread-4.1.3
>> to EPEL until RPMForge agrees to ship it too. I tried to address some of
>> Dag's
>> concerns on their packager's list, but there have been no replies in
>> that
>> thread for over three weeks.
>
> Someone = me. ")  I had hoped to avoid inducing dep breakage between
> repos, but we've stated our case, and the others seem to have rejected
> it, for now.  So, it seems we (epsl vs dag/atrpms) mostly agree to
> disagree at this point.  I'm ok with moving forward with the newer
> libdvdread/libdvdnav in EPEL.
>
> I'll give the other repos a heads-up to expect that soon (for better or
> worse).

Okay, looks like libdvdread is available, thanks!  Here are the current
missing deps:

DEBUG util.py:250:  No Package Found for mjpegtools-devel
DEBUG util.py:250:  No Package Found for ImageMagick-devel >= 6.4.0.10

Not sure what would be the trouble with earlier ImageMagicks.  Available
version is:

ImageMagick-devel.i386                   6.2.8.0-4.el5_1.1      base

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com