Introduction

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Nov 24 01:33:31 CET 2008

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 November 2008 at 12:44, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 21.11.2008 22:45, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> [...]
>>> transcode is going to depend on a lot...
>> It's not that bad afaics:
>>
>> * transcode needs libdvdread-devel as BR. We are waiting for that to
>> show up in EPEL for some weeks now. Dominik, Rdieter, what the latest
>> status? We really need to get this solved...
>
> Well, someone (I don't remember who) didn't want me to push libdvdread-4.1.3
> to EPEL until RPMForge agrees to ship it too. I tried to address some of Dag's
> concerns on their packager's list, but there have been no replies in that
> thread for over three weeks.

Someone = me. ")  I had hoped to avoid inducing dep breakage between
repos, but we've stated our case, and the others seem to have rejected
it, for now.  So, it seems we (epsl vs dag/atrpms) mostly agree to
disagree at this point.  I'm ok with moving forward with the newer
libdvdread/libdvdnav in EPEL.

I'll give the other repos a heads-up to expect that soon (for better or
worse).

-- Rex